Many thanks for the kind words, moral support and, of course, purchases for the first novel of my Three Prophets Series, For the Sake of His Name, based on the first six chapters of the biblical book of Daniel. The initial response at Amazon.com, for example, has been extremely gratifying.
In several private conversations, I learned that some readers were surprised to discover a generous share of irony and humor mingled into the account. My answer to them has been that it’s a novel, not a textbook or dissertation, and my first goal, after trying to be meticulous about the historical details, was to make the story enjoyable to read.
To see some of the reviews and ratings posted at Amazon, please read on.
* * * * * “…Daniel and his close friends, the Kings of Babylon and Persia, and other prophets of his generation were well developed and gave me a realistic picture of the times in which they lived. It is based on the first 6 chapters Book of Daniel and makes the account come alive for the reader…”
* * * * * “…I loved it and can see it as a useful reading assignment and discussion starter for teens (homeschooled) and older. I’ll be looking for anything else from this author….”
* * * * * “One of the best biblical novels I have read on the prophet Daniel and his friends in exile…”
* * * * * “Couldn’t put this book down – from one adventure to another, it captivated and drew this reader into the story bringing tears, laughter and a profound knowledge that our God is the same today as He was in Daniel’s time. Amazing!”
Again, thanks for your support.
- standing by the gate (my blog about our lives in Israel)
- Jerusalem Photo Blog (a sampling of photos I have taken in Israel)
- Instagram Photos (A gallery of photos I have posted to Instagram)
- my author page (at Amazon.com)
- Facebook Page (like it, it’s fun!)
- Twitter Page (some people tweet)
For more details: Visit For the Sake of His Name